How to Open your Shipping Container
To open your shipping container there is a step-by-step procedure to follow to correctly open the containers double doors, so you do not cause damage to the doors, seals and locking bars.
- Make sure your lock is off from under the locking box (if that applies)
- Your shipping container will usually come with 2 corten steel doors (bespoke modified jobs may have different) on these there will be 4 locking bars 2 on each door (some containers may have less locking bars). The double doors open right-hand side first.
- Make sure the locking laspes are rotated out the way of the locking bar handles.
- Using the two handles on the right-hand door lift out from the locking bar handles mounts.
- Slowly start pulling the two locking bar handles towards yourself and you will see the door start to open.
- Once the right-hand container door is open repeat the process on the left-hand door to open it.
- Both of the double end doors will be open, they can be heavy and also be careful on a windy day as they can be blown closed.